1. In as little as 1 and a max of 3 hours remove plastic wrap we put on following your tattoo procedure.
2. If you are wrapped in Saniderm we recommend leaving the wrap on for 8-24 hours. Ink secretion will build up under the wrap and the tattoo may become non-visible (this is normal). Remove Saniderm if the wrap gets torn or fluid starts to leak out. At the 24 hour mark, remove the Saniderm gently. Wash the tattoo area with a mild antibacterial soap and allow the area to dry. Once dry, apply a second sheet of Saniderm. This will stay on for up to 6 days and see you through the peeling stage.
3. Wash tattoo with warm water and anti-bacterial soap 3 times daily and apply aftercare ointment
4. Be sure to clean all built up discharge firmly after removing saran wrap, this is the most important step to help the tattoo not develope scabs due to the discharge drying on the surface of the skin
5. After day 3 apply a thin coat of any non-scented hand lotion (Aveeno, Aquaphor ) to help with any dry skin
6. Do not pick or scratch when tattoo peels. Avoid getting dirt, make-up, and hair products in the tattoo area. Do not touch with dirty hands.
7. No swimming or soaking (do not submerge) the tattoo area.
8. Avoid direct sunlight and/or tanning while tattoo is healing, this will help to keep the colors bright.
9. Allergic reactions to the tattoo ink is uncommon, but is a possibility. Immense itchiness and breakouts around the the tattooed skin are a sign. Contact your tattoo artist immediately; vitamin E lotion will be recommended.
10. Tattoo may become infected, if there is a prolonged period of pain, swelling, pus secretion, and/or red streaks extending from the area.
11. The tattoo artist can usually solve your problem, but in the case of intense infection please see a physician.
12. Possible side effects may occur, these could include; swelling, redness of the skin, allergic reaction, nausea, light headed, itchiness, shedding of skin, tightness in skin, soreness in surrounding area, and or infection if not properly cared for or exposed to public contaminates.
Copyright © Mythic Ink Tattoo and Body Piercing | All Rights Reserved